Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Retail Associate - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Supervisor, Retail
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
In this role, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. Individuals must be willing and able to ensure excellent customer service to every visiting fan. This position requires a friendly, outgoing personality to sell retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards.
This is a PART TIME/GAME DAY/SEASONAL position that requires daytime, nighttime, and weekend availability.
THIS ROLE WILL START FEBRUARY 2022, AND END AFTER SPRING TRAINING 2022.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help the Ballpark at Palm Beaches stay “game-ready” by fulfilling your assigned game day duties.
- Stay up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Recommends, selects, and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payments, and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Set aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn, or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Previous experience in cash handling preferred.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team setting.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Majority of time will be spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment. Job may require employee to function in a in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue/environment. Employee may also be exposed to weather of varying degrees for extended periods of time while performing the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to perform physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb up/down flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.