Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Gameday Staff - Usher - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Ballpark of the Palm Beaches jobs
Sports Jobs in West Palm Beach · FL
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Stadium Operations Assistant
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
As a frontline representative, you will have the opportunity to assist guests by offering directions and sharing information. Your job will be to keep our fans safe while still maintaining a fun and friendly atmosphere as we strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available. You will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches stay “game-ready” by fulfilling your assigned game day duties (this includes reporting any issues to your supervisor).
- Welcome fans with a great smile and a helpful attitude.
- Advise Management of all activities that would be deemed of interest, importance and/or concern regarding property or any activity on or around The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches.
- Review credentials to ensure that customers are being directed to the appropriate areas of the facility.
- Assist all fans/guests exiting elevators and escalators.
- Able to follow directions and work well within team setting.
- Assist and be a resource to all fans.
- Be alert to potential hazards in the ballpark, such as foul balls and report any incidents.
- Stay up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Able to take initiative and/or work in a team setting.
- Assist admission, guest services and/or other departments as needed to support all customers.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a hospitality or entertainment environment is preferred.
- A passion for working with and helping people.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue environment. Employee will be exposed to weather of varying degrees while performing the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
- Position may require standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and/or climbing up/down stairs.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 25lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.