Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Gameday Staff - Ticket Seller - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Ballpark of the Palm Beaches jobs
Sports Jobs in West Palm Beach · FL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Ticket Operations
Reports to: Director, Ticketing
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
In this role, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last a lifetime. Individuals must be willing and able to ensure excellent customer service to every visiting fan. This position requires a friendly, outgoing personality with genuine enjoyment in interacting with and helping fans as we strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches stay “game-ready” by fulfilling your assigned game day duties while exhibiting exceptional customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Answer questions concerning events, tickets, schedules and providing information concerning coming attractions.
- Selling, refunding, upgrading and exchanging multiple types of tickets.
- Collecting, accounting for and depositing all monies that have been received or generated.
- Collecting, validating and reporting all coupons, flyers, vouchers, gift cards and other material predicating offers of discounted and/or complimentary tickets.
- Complete and balance daily sales reports.
- Provide excellent customer service such as greeting, serving and thanking all of our loyal patrons.
- Determine entitlement to and distribute all Will Call tickets.
- Stay up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Able to follow directions and work well within team setting.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Game days could range from 3- 7 working hours.
- Tickets.com experience preferred.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be customer-service oriented and have a fan-friendly attitude.
- Ability to figure simple mathematical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue environment. Employee will be exposed to weather of varying degrees while performing the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
- Position may require standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and/or climbing up/down stairs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 20lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.