Ballpark of the Palm Beaches Gameday Staff - Courtesy Cart Drivers - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Ballpark of the Palm Beaches jobs
Sports Jobs in West Palm Beach · FL
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Stadium Operations Assistant
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals 160-acre Spring Training Complex located in West Palm Beach, Florida. In addition to the Stadium, the facility includes 12 full-size and 2 half-sized baseball fields, grass parking areas, and a 12-acre lake.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely transporting patrons in passenger golf carts amongst Spring Training facilities (mostly gamedays) via courtesy shuttle service.
- Prior to shift, inspecting cart to ensure they are in proper operating order (to include: fuel levels, seat coverings, tires properly inflated, headlight functionality, overall cart cleanliness, etc.).
- Working with Stadium Operations full-time supervisory staff to ensure proper reporting procedures should any issues arise and need to be addressed (with equipment or patrons).
- Reference and comply with golf cart safety training program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Previous experience in a customer service role preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue environment (to include parking lots). Employee will be exposed to weather of varying degrees while performing the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 30 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (to drive the cart during required shift), hear, see and touch frequently. May be required to stoop, kneel or crouch on occasion.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time/seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
No travel expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.