Manager, Stadium Operations - Fayetteville Woodpeckers with Fayetteville Woodpeckers in Fayetteville · NC
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Manager, Stadium Operations
Operations Classification: Full-Time/Exempt
The Manager, Stadium Operations reports directly to the Director, Stadium Operations and assists in the management of facility operations, event operations and Stadium operations. This position will ensure the venue completes all activities related to daily operations of the facility, setting up and preparing for sporting events (including all Fayetteville Woodpeckers home games), special event functions, and concert productions as well as plan, schedule, and coordinate the activities of janitorial, security, and game day staff. The manager will also be responsible for managing all scheduled facility maintenance, unscheduled facility maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the stadium throughout the year. This position will be located in Fayetteville, NC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the hiring, training and management of current and new part-time team members at Segra Stadium not limited to staffing, job fairs, Interviews, training for all event staff positions, orientation, UltiPro timesheet approvals, onboarding paperwork for all staff and scheduling
- General administrative duties such as filing, credentialing, etc.
- Responsible for collecting and storing all First Aid Reports in accordance with HIPPA, receives all injury reports from Fire Department and (if approved) call back the following day and oversees the bloodborne pathogens program
- Demonstrate in all aspects of job performance a service-oriented attitude along with the outstanding Guest Service skills expected of all team members
- Assist with completing department scheduling and payroll in a timely manner
- Assist with creating and implementation of department policies and procedures to maintain the highest quality of service
- Manage building and equipment maintenance
- Daily inspection of all aspects of the facility including operating systems to detect malfunction and/or needed repairs.
- Contact and schedule service providers
- Conduct the necessary research and make recommendations to management on the purchases of new equipment, major capital expenditures, and major maintenance repairs.
- Record daily maintenance activity in Dude Solutions BMS
- Test small electrical units
- Stadium seating replacement
- Complete routine preventive maintenance for fire pump, elevators, emergency generator, video boards, monitors, air-handling and HVAC systems.
- Drive equipment such as a forklift, scissor lift, maintenance cart, etc…
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Complete small carpentry and painting maintenance requests
- Order replacement parts
- Troubleshoot facility issues
- Use power tools such as drills, table saws, pressure washers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. Fayetteville Baseball, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High-school diploma/equivariant required, college degree preferred
- Must have previous experience in Stadium or Facility Operations
- Entry level plumbing and carpentry skills
- Some knowledge of electrical gear, generators, distribution panels, motors, building systems, etc. up to 480V
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be adaptable and self-driven
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize projects
- Must be able to utilize computer software and comprehend blue prints
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Must be available to be on call 24 hours a day for fire alarms, security alarms and emergency situations
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This position will be given some supervisory roles in the areas of: guest services, facility maintenance, custodial work and stadium security. This position reports directly to the Director, Stadium Operations.
Position will work in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical grounds keeping hand tools, implements, and power tools on a regular basis, for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a hands-on position in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Due to the nature of this position, the position requires hours of work and days that include frequent nights, weekends and holiday. This includes attendance at all home baseball games and special events.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.