Manager, Marketing and Communications - Fayetteville Woodpeckers with Fayetteville Woodpeckers in Fayetteville · NC
Supervisor: Director, Marketing
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers are seeking a Manager of Marketing and Communications. This position will be responsible for developing and executing digital, social, and traditional marketing strategies while maintaining the Woodpeckers brand internally and externally as a premier entertainment option in North Carolina This position is located in Fayetteville, NC.
- Establish short and long-term marketing campaigns to support all Woodpeckers ticket sales, retail, promotional, digital initiatives, community relations, and Woodpeckers Foundation initiatives to drive revenue and awareness.
- Manage Woodpeckers brand development including the creation of in-house graphics and copywriting for advertising and collateral.
- Develop and update the webpage including but not limited to specialty pages, event announcements, and form creation.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns to drive new fan acquisition, attendance and revenue.
- Track ROI for campaign effectiveness and communicate results to appropriate departments.
- Create and manage email marketing and content strategy to support events, venue, guest services, and ticket sales. Coordinate with Director of Marketing to ensure content and calendar strategies are in sync with team goals.
- Research new ways to amplify email and web strategies, identifying latest trends and technologies throughout the industry.
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of the club’s social media accounts.
- Use social analytics tools to measure social media engagement and growth.
- Assist with non-game events.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not manage any employees of the department.
Position will work in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Due to the nature of this position, the position requires hours of work and days that include frequent nights, weekends and holiday. This includes attendance at all home baseball games and special events.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of social media and digital advertising experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge/proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in email marketing and working within email platforms.
- Must be able to demonstrate (by way of examples and/or experience) a high level of organization and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated quick learner with ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator across multiple departments
- Overall positive attitude and outlook
- Creative marketing and special events minded individual
- Creative, energetic and proactive approach to work
- Ability to anticipate and make recommendations based upon the needs of clients
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.