General Manager, Fayetteville Woodpeckers with Fayetteville Woodpeckers in Fayetteville · NC
Department: Business Operations
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Business Operations – Houston Astros
This position will oversee the day-to-day business operation activities. This includes driving revenue generation and sales growth, expense, cost and margin control, as well as monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, results-oriented and effective leader with proven ability to motivate teams and maximize revenue production. To be successful in this position you must be enthusiastic and creative with the ability to think strategically, tactically and have a proven track record of success.
Essential Duties/Job Requirements:
- Develops, establishes and directs execution of operating policies to support overall organizational goals/objectives and policies.
- Accountable for all aspects of baseball business operations for the team including travel, execution of the Player Development License and operating budgets.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the club
- Assist in the development of marketing/promotional strategies, with a major concentration on sales including corporate sponsorships, advanced group sales, season memberships, renewals and other revenue streams.
- Work with Houston Executive Team in all phases of running the franchise including retail/merchandising, food and beverage, stadium operations, media relations and team operations. This includes all stadium events and rentals as well as community events club is involved with.
- Serve as a leader in corporate sales including, season memberships, advertising and groups on an on-going year-round basis.
- Work directly with League office and officials in baseball operations.
- Implement sales training and procedures, lead distribution, CRM, and scripts to establish a consistent sales effort.
- Oversee game day events scheduling/directing for all team members, stadium setup and shutdown.
- Maintaining contractual obligations ensuring compliance of the stadium operating agreement and coordinating with future development partners.
- Directs both short-term and long-range planning to develop budgets that support strategic business goals.
- Establishes standard goals and resource allocation for direct reports.
- Establishes operational processes and procedures as well as adapts those plans as necessary.
- Evaluates the overall performance of each corporate function regularly and provides necessary support communications and feedback with the goal of quality control and maximizing net revenues and return on investment.
- Develop, forecast, and oversee the annual operations budget and capital projects to ensure the facility stays within budget while keeping the operations running efficiently.
- Establish and monitor goals & objectives for all areas of operations to create a results-driven atmosphere.
- Liaison to City of Fayetteville on all matters related to capital improvements and facility coordination/usage.
- Create and maintain a presence in the community through speaking engagements, attending social/business functions and engaging relationships with key political and business leaders.
- Set vision to establish a service culture throughout the organization committed to providing world class guest experiences while also maximizing profitability for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise executive level staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or applicable Master’s degree preferred or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional sports venue management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience.
- Baseball experience at major/minor league level a must.
- Must possess the capacity to engage in broad, complex and analytical discussions.
- Superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the marketplace and consumer demographics.
- Must possess the ability to transform and align a sports and entertainment driven organization to meet organizational goals.
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to attract and develop top talent for the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms – using computers and technology for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment and the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Position will work in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of this position, the position requires hours of work and days that include frequent nights, weekends and holiday. This includes attendance at all home baseball games and special events.
Moderate travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.