Fayetteville Woodpeckers Retail Sales Associate with Fayetteville Woodpeckers in Fayetteville · NC
Supervisor: Manager, Retail
Classification: Non-Exempt/Part Time/Seasonal
The Fayetteville Woodpekckers are looking for friendly faces to work as Part Time Retail Associates. As a retail associate, you will be a front-line representative for the Woodpecker’s team store. This requires excellent customer service and communication skills. With games occurring at different times throughout the season, a flexible schedule is also a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answer guests’ questions and assists them with locating and recommending merchandise.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and end each shift; completes close-out paperwork.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and organizes shelves in team store.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or designated area.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mismarked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks or thefts and reports to security and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as conducting inventory or loading/unloading merchandise.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in operating point-of-sale systems
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Willingness to compete in sales competitions
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors’ instructions
- Bilingual is a plus
Majority of time will be spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment. This job operates in a
store setting. This role routinely uses point-of-sale systems. Job may require employee to function
in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue/environment. Employee may
also be exposed to weather of varying degrees for extended periods of time while performing the
duties of this job. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium
Specific physical demands of this job require lifting 25lbs. As well as being able to stand for
long periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.