Fayetteville Woodpeckers Grounds Crew - Part Time - Fayetteville Woodpeckers (Fayetteville · NC)
Department: Field Operations
Supervisor: Manager, Field Operations
As a member of the Grounds Crew Team, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build Fayetteville Woodpecker memories that last a lifetime. In this role, you will responsible for the tear down of batting practice, preparing the field for games and post-game repair of playing surface following each game. Other areas of responsibilities include but not limited to: in-game tarp pulls, cleaning shop area and equipment, repair and clean up after games and events, as well as a variety of other tasks that take place to maintain the integrity of the entire playing surface. The Fayetteville Woodpeckers strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the tear down of batting practice.
- Prepare the field for games and post-game repair of playing surface following each game.
- In-game tarp pulls.
- Cleaning shop area and equipment.
- Repair and clean up after games and events.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire playing surface.
- Must always represent the Woodpeckers in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees must communicate well and be friendly, knowledgeable, well-groomed, assertive and able to intervene in conflict situations.
- Must be able to handle physical activity (i.e. pulling tarp, lifting heavy objects, manual labor, etc.).
- Safely operate machinery.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing and high-pressure situations.
- Must become familiar with the stadium’s policies, procedures and how to navigate the building.
- Must have the ability to anticipate needs, assess situations and act accordingly.
- Required to work autonomously as well as in a team setting in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weeknights, and weekends during baseball season.
- Must be available to arrive up to two (2) hours prior to game time.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
This job operates in an outdoor setting. This role routinely uses field equipment such as lawnmowers, three-wheelers, push mowers, weed eaters, edger, shovels, rakes, and other field equipment. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Job may require employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue/environment. Employee may also be exposed to weather of varying degrees for extended periods of time while performing the duties of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is an active role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This individual must be able to work in an outdoor environment, sometimes for extended periods of time. This individual must be able to stand, walk, and climb, carry up to 50 pounds, crawl, crouch, lean, and jump at times.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.