Fayetteville Woodpeckers Game Day Usher – Kid Zone with Fayetteville Woodpeckers in Fayetteville · NC
Supervisor: Director, Stadium Operations
Classification: Part-Time / Seasonal
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers take pride in the excellent service we will provide our fans and guests every time they come to a ballgame or event at Segra Stadium. We have established very high standards that we expect every employee to follow. The job entails a great deal of lifting, walking, climbing stairs and standing on concrete surfaces in both cold and extremely hot weather. Ushers – Kid Zone are expected to possess the technical knowledge to operate a computer or PED (personal electronic device); set up and take down of Kid Zone activity equipment; observe, enforce Kid Zone conduct standards and monitor Kid Zone activities; additional duties may be required. This position pays $7.25/hour and is a part time, seasonal position. Fayetteville Woodpeckers home games run from May 11 – September 22; opportunities to work events post season may arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Treat our fans and guests with courtesy and respect and assist them throughout the entry process their visit is safe, clean, fun, and family friendly.
- Duties include but are not limited to; responsible for the safe operation of a designated area within the facility.
- Thorough knowledge of The Ballpark policies, procedures, and safety protocols
- Responsible for checking fan’s tickets and preserving ticket integrity by directing fans to their designated seat
- Respond to fans who are hit with foul balls; be knowledgeable to ballpark policy and procedures.
- Answer to the best of his/her knowledge fan questions and concerns.
- Be familiar and execution of emergency protocols and procedures.
- If an issue arises notify the supervisor
- Provide event information and general ballpark directions. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees must communicate well and be friendly, knowledgeable, well-groomed, assertive and able to intervene in conflict situations.
- Must have the ability to provide excellent customer service to all fans and guests in a professional, respectful, and friendly manner.
- Must be available to attend training sessions, stadium tours and other events as necessary throughout the year.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weeknights, and weekends during baseball season. Must be available to arrive up to two (2) hours prior to game time.
- Must be able to stand for up to four (4) hours at a time. Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- A positive attitude
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements
- Must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
Job may require employee to function in a in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue/environment. Employee may also be exposed to weather of varying degrees for extended periods of time while performing the duties of this job. Job may require employee to function in a in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue/environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This role will require individual to be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to perform physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb up/down flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.