Fayetteville Woodpeckers Game Day Usher - Fayetteville Woodpeckers (Fayetteville · NC)
Supervisor: Director of Operations
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers take pride in the excellent service we will provide our fans and guests each and every time they come to a ballgame or event at Segra Stadium. We have established very high standards that we expect every employee to follow. The job entails a great deal of walking, climbing stairs and standing on concrete surfaces in both cold and extremely hot weather. Ushers are expected to serve the guests and many times the duties and responsibilities will prevent the Usher from seeing the ball game.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Treat our fans and guests with courtesy and respect and assist them throughout the game to ensure their visit is safe, clean, fun, and family-friendly
- Verify tickets and scan for entry, this includes checking tickets to make sure fans are in the appropriate sections
- Distribute programs and other promotional items to fans and guests as required
- Provide event information and general ballpark directions
- Guide guests to ticketed seats, suites, and special access areas within ballpark
- Patrol aisles, concourses, and other areas as assigned, maintaining a sharp watch for potential problems. If necessary, intervene and correct the situation before it interferes with other guests’ enjoyment of the event
- Ensure fan compliance with Segra Stadium and MiLB policies/procedures
- Additional assignments may include Doorway/Stairway Monitor, Smoking Section Monitor, Special Access Area Monitor, Wheelchair Escort, Escalator Monitor, Elevator Operator
- Comply with employee policies and procedures as outlined in Gameday Staff Handbook
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. Fayetteville Baseball, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Employees must communicate well and be friendly, knowledgeable, well-groomed, assertive and able to intervene in conflict situations
- Must have the ability to provide excellent customer service to all fans and guests in a professional, respectful, and friendly manner
- Must be available to attend training sessions, stadium tours and other events as necessary throughout the year
- Must be available to work weekdays, weeknights, and weekends during baseball season
- Must be available to arrive up to two (2) hours prior to game time
- Must be able to stand for up to four (4) hours at a time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be at least 16 years of age
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Hours vary according to the game and event schedule. Must be available to arrive up to two (2) hours prior to game time. Maximum of 30 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.