Corpus Christi Hooks Game Day Mascot - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi · TX)
Corpus Christi Hooks jobs
Sports Jobs in Corpus Christi · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Marketing - Game Day
Reports to: Manager, Ballpark Entertainment
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Corpus Christi Hooks Baseball Club, Double-A Affiliate of the Houston Astros, is seeking entertainers to perform as the Hooks mascots, Rusty Hook and Sammy Seagull. The position will work all Hooks home games, along with other non-game time special events throughout the community during the year.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact and connect with fans in the ballpark and community.
- Provide entertainment alongside the Coastal Crew during in-game promotions.
- Contribute ideas to maintain creativity of entertainment.
- Create a fun and energetic game day experience by personally interacting with fans.
- Maintain and ensure proper use of mascot equipment.
- Represent the Hooks in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
- Outgoing enthusiasm and high energy
- Ability to work all Hooks home games in 2022 plus special events
- Ability to work long hours, nights, weekend and holidays
- Work well with coworkers and fans of all ages
- Effective communication skills using only body gestures
- Prior entertainment experience as a performer
This job operates in a stadium setting. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. This job will be expected to work indoor and outdoor in moderate weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is an active role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This role must have attention to detail using vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time seasonal position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.