Corpus Christi Hooks Game Day Concourse/Outfield Ushers - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi · TX)
Corpus Christi Hooks jobs
Sports Jobs in Corpus Christi · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Game Day
Department: Game Day
Supervisor: Manager, Customer Service
The job of a Concourse/Outfield Usher includes directing fans to the proper seating location for which they are holding a valid game ticket, ensuring that the fans sitting in the reserved and box area seats have tickets that coincide with their proper seating location. In addition, the Usher needs to keep all walkways and aisles clear. This position is a seasonal position that includes nights and weekends during the Spring and Summer.
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greeting each fan with a smile and a friendly “may I help you?” or another appropriate greeting
- Checking each ticket completely, noting the date, section, row, and seat location
- Being certain to direct each fan to the correct seat location and wiping off the seat, if needed
- Assisting fans with all complaints that arise in a professional manner
- Checking with each fan for injury when a foul ball, bat, or other object lands in the seating area
- Assisting fans who may need help accessing their seats
- Getting to know and recognizing the season ticket holders in your section
- Ushers must not leave their assigned work area without permission from their supervisor
- Keeping order in the seating area. Try to control profanity, obscenities, etc.
- Watching for seat jumping during the entire game. Fans must have the ticket that coincides with the seat they are sitting in, in the reserved or suite areas
- Ushers assigned to group/party areas must ensure that only authorized fans enter the party/reserved area
- Ushers will also be assigned to assist with promotional giveaways, handing out gifts or tickets
- Ushers assigned to the berm areas are responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly environment for the fans, answering questions and providing assistance if needed
- Posture is important in presenting a positive image. Do not stand, or walk around, with your hands in your pockets. Do not lean on or sit on the railings. You are allowed to have a cup of water or a soft drink at your assigned area but do not carry a drink around with you. Smoking is not permitted while at your work area, at any time
- After every three outs, make yourself visible to the fans in your section, by going down to the first row and looking back towards the seating area. Throughout the innings, from the back of your section, watch the fans in your section and the fans on the concourse and surrounding areas
- Provide great customer service for the fan experience
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
This job operates in a stadium setting. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. This job will be expected to work indoor and outdoor in moderate weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This role must have attention to detail using vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred - 2