Corpus Christi Hooks Account Executive, Ticket Sales - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi · TX)
Corpus Christi Hooks jobs
Sports Jobs in Corpus Christi · TX
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Ticket Sales & Services
Department: Ticket Sales & Services
Supervisor: Manager, Sales
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Known as the Sparkling City by the Sea, Corpus Christi, Texas, has a population of approximately 315,000. Its residents experience a rich culture in the relaxed atmosphere of an historic coastal port. Beautiful beaches, great golfing, waterfront restaurants and excellent shopping are abundant.
Corpus Christi neighbors Padre Island, the longest barrier island in the nation, and is situated about halfway between Houston and the Mexican border. Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend region are popular vacation destinations and offer endless recreational opportunities.
Whataburger Field, completed in 2005 at a cost of $25 million, is home to the Hooks, Double-A Texas League affiliate of the Houston Astros. The Hooks focus on exemplary customer service in a family-friendly environment.
The Corpus Christi Hooks are seeking driven and positive individuals who are committed to becoming sports and entertainment sales leaders. The primary focus of this position is selling Corpus Christi Hooks season tickets, group tickets, luxury suite rentals, and hospitality areas. All relationships will be derived from making outbound calls, scheduling face-to-face ballpark tours, and conducting out-of-office appointments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sell and renew season tickets, mini-plans, group tickets, single-game suites, hospitality areas, and special events
- High-volume outbound calling and prospecting
- Set appointments, show seats, and give ballpark tours with the intent to close business
- Represent the organization at in-house ballpark events and off-site community events
- Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities in addition to provided leads
- Maintain computerized records of all season-ticket customers and prospects with our CRM system
- Provide excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and during games and events
- Attend weekly meetings and actively participate in training sessions
- Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales booths, visit clients)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent and related work experience as a successful sales professional preferred
- Strong desire to be a sales industry leader
- Ability to comfortably and persuasively present sales material to potential clients
- At least 1-2 years of related ticket sales experience with a professional sports team preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to personal integrity
- Determined self-starter
- Ability to work as a team player
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Proficiency in basic computer software programs
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. This game is expected to work Baseball Games and Special Events.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 3