Position Title: Spikes Team Mascot
Type: Seasonal, Part-Time (May 15 - August 31)
The State College Spikes, a charter member of the MLB Draft League, are currently seeking an individual to perform as one of the team's mascots. This paid, part-time position will give candidates valuable experience in the professional sports industry. Individuals applying for this position must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all Spikes home games. Candidates who have completed a four-year college degree or are working toward a degree are a plus, but not necessary. All appropriate candidates will be required to audition as a part of the interview process. The State College Spikes require a criminal background check on all new hires. Position starts May 15, 2023 and runs through August 31, 2023.
- Perform as Ike the Spike and/or the Nookie Monster at all Spikes home games and if necessary, community events
- Work with Spikes staff to develop and execute new skits, dance routines and other in-game mascot entertainment
- Create a fun and energetic in-game experience by personally interacting with fans inside and outside of the stadium
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of mascot equipment and alert manager of repairs that are needed in a timely manner
- Represent the State College Spikes in an appropriate and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Outgoing, dependable and organized, with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Comfortable performing in front of large crowds with an ability to generate crowd enthusiasm
- Must be adaptable, versatile and tactful in dealing with the public
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle the demands of working in full-body costume (i.e. work outdoors in all weather conditions, move easily with limited peripheral vision)
- Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Previous mascot performance experience preferred, but not necessary
- Must be between 5'4" and 6'4" in height
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.