The New Jersey Jackals are hiring a full time Head Athletic Trainer for the 2023 Frontier League Season.
- Working directly with players, coaches, and team doctors to evaluate player health conditions and create plans to maintain player fitness.
- Working with players and coaches to set fitness goals to maintain athletic performance
- Designing and implementing training programs for players, as well as rehabilitation programs for players
- Assisting injured players with recovery and tracking progress
- Using sports related injury knowledge to diagnose and treat athletes if injury occurs, working with other medical professionals for their care
- Treating athletes to avoid injury and maintain peak fitness, and recover from injury when necessary
- Administer first aid to injured players
- Clerical tasks, such as keeping medical records of players and coaches, maintaining and stocking inventory, organization and cleanliness of trainer’s room, etc.
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- Required degree from accredited institution
- Required to be a certified trainer in New Jersey
- Certification in CPR and./or First Aid required
- Available to work all Jackals home and road games, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be available to work form May 1- September 15
- Must have passport and ability to travel to Canada
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.