The Gateway Grizzlies Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, is currently in search of Ticket & Box Office Operations Interns for the 2023 season. The positions available will give candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional sports through our challenging and rewarding internship program. There are five (5) available positions. The internship will run from May through the beginning of September 2023.
- Field phone calls and answer everyday questions about the Gateway Grizzlies organization
- Assist in making sales calls from generated leads lists
- Assist in the creation of leads lists to be used for sales calls
- Be available for community appearances with or as the mascot
- Working front gate as ticket scanner/front gate usher/giveaway helper
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media sites and associated applications
- Must be able to problem solve quickly, work efficiently in an intense environment
- Must be willing and able to lift items up to 50 lbs. for set up and take down of games and events
- Flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interns will be required to help sell tickets, help in our concessions operations, interact with players and coaches, and help clean the stadium in addition to their primary duties. Everyone working in professional league baseball wears many different “hats,” so a willingness to go above and beyond one’s normal duties is expected.
For more information on this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter along with an email address.
- Opportunities for compensation
- Must be for college credit
- Housing is NOT provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.