Ticket Sales Intern (With Advancement Opportunities) - Washington Wild Things (Washington · PA)
Washington Wild Things jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · PA
Mission Statement: The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, the ability to perform under pressure and the utilization of essential time management skills. The Washington Wild Things strive to successfully prepare interns to compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Internship Summary: The Washington Wild Things, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League, are seeking three (3) individuals for an internship in the Ticketing Department during the Spring 2021 semester. The Ticketing Department Intern will work directly with the Manager of Ticket Sales and the Account Executives. Each intern will work specifically with a member of the Ticketing Department to plan, prospect, contact leads, and make sales (season ticket, group, theme night) for the 2021 Washington Wild Things season.
THIS INTERNSHIP IS UNPAID, BUT INTERNS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE COMMISSION ON ALL SALES AND ONE (1) INTERN WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME THE BOX OFFICE MANAGER FOR THE 2021 WASHINGTON WILD THINGS SEASON. THE BOX OFFICE MANAGER WILL BE A PAID POSITION.
* Internship must be used for college credit and is unpaid *
Reports to: Manager of Ticket Sales
Requirements: The Wild Things are looking for an outgoing, go getter personality to handle multiple responsibilities. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of running a professional franchise, such as: sales, marketing, operations, ticketing, customer service and more. We are looking for hard-working and creative candidates that are willing to go above and beyond expectations.
- Report to Executive Office when scheduled
- Help with planning
- Theme Nights
- In-Game Promotions
- Marketing (Social Media)
- Potential season ticket holder opportunities
- Groups that may have interest in attending a Wild Things game during the 2020 season
- Groups associated with specific theme nights
- Potential sponsorship opportunities
- Contact leads generated from prospect list
- Make sales from leads generated from prospect list
- Attend events associated with specific theme nights
- Assist with setting up Box Office for the 2020 season
- Learn how to utilize ticketing system (Streamline Technologies)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environments
- Available for 20 hours per week
- Willingness to listen, learn and receive constructive feedback
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office
- Must have interest in Box Office Manager position for 2021 Wild Things season (May-August)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have any sales experience? If so, what?