Food and Beverage Management Internship - Washington Wild Things (Washington · PA)
Washington Wild Things jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · PA
Mission Statement: The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observing and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, an ability to perform under pressure, and a strong sense of time management. The Washington Wild Things strive to prepare interns to successfully compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Internship Summary: The Washington Wild Things, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League, are seeking an energetic, hard-working individual for a Food and Beverage Management Internship. This individual will assist at all home baseball games and events at the ballpark. This internship is a perfect fit for students who want to work in the sports industry and want to garner valuable, hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience in the fast-paced environment.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
- Assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations for all baseball games and special events at Wild Things Park
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all aspects of day to day operations
- Assist in set up and breakdown of assigned food and beverage locations. Including but not limited to concession stands, portable food carts, bars, kitchens, suites, etc.
- Maintain the proper care of equipment and food and beverage items
- General cleaning, repairing and maintenance on all things food and beverage related
- Assist in managing over 50 seasonal employees
- Assist in inventory control for the food and beverage department
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Assist with stocking and preparing concession stands and food carts for all games
- Help maintain cleanliness of stands to meet health code regulations
- Help control inventory, food costs and labor costs
- Provide excellent customer service
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree in Sports Management, Business Management, Hospitality Management, or a related field preferred but not required
- Previous experience with food service preferred but not required
- Availability through the entire season (Mid-May – Mid-September)
- Receiving school credit for internship
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Energy to thrive in fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Ability to assume other responsibilities as required
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and train employees with the Point of Sale system
- Quick learning ability. Able to work in different food and beverage locations
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management, and co-workers
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time; climb stairs as needed
- Willing and able to work irregular and late hours, including holidays, nights, and weekends
The following materials are required to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.