Commissioner with Frontier League in Sauget · IL
Frontier League jobs
Sports Jobs in Sauget · IL · Open to Remote
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
The Frontier League is accepting applications for the role of Commissioner to lead the largest Independent professional baseball organization in North America as it enters a new era and a new partnership with Major League Baseball. This individual would be the top executive in the League office while overseeing 16 teams across the U-S & Canada. This individual will report directly to the League’s Board of Directors and provide regular communication to the Board regarding League operations.
- The Commissioner shall oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the league office, including all League staff members.
- The Commissioner shall be responsible for setting strategy for the development and growth of the league, including:
- Defining and strengthening the League's value proposition to prospective investors, players, advertisers, and key partners including MLB
- Developing and executing a comprehensive media program that delivers value to advertisers/sponsors and member clubs
- Strengthening the role and positioning of the Frontier League vs the broader baseball ecosystem in North America
- The Commissioner shall handle all direct Ownership issues and concerns
- The Commissioner would also be responsible for all “external” Frontier League interactions, creating strong working relationships with:
- MLB Staff
- Other League Commissioners
- Marketing partners
- Major vendors / suppliers
- The Commissioner explores & investigates potential expansion markets
- The Commissioner would be responsible for developing new revenue streams for the League and all potential members through advertising opportunities, vendor partnerships, and new media opportunities.
- The Commissioner would be responsible for working with League vendors to improve efficiencies and reduce overall League costs to member organizations
- The Commissioner would be responsible for overseeing League budgets
- The Commissioner would be responsible for managing member disputes under the guidelines specified in the League By-Laws
- Successful experience leading a professional sports league
- Demonstrated track record of creating value for league owners and commercial partners
- Strong leadership skills and evidence of ability to drive cultural change
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?