Ticketing Internship (2018 Season)
Traverse City Beach Bums
Traverse City, MI
The Traverse City Beach Bums offer an outstanding internship program where college students or recent college graduates can gain valuable insight and knowledge in the professional sports industry.
The intention of the Traverse City Beach Bums internship program is to provide an extensive hands-on approach to career development that assists young adults with the selection of appropriate careers. The Beach Bums offer work positions that are meaningful and compatible with interns’ education along with their desired career.
Ticketing Internship - 3 positions available
Start Date: Early-May
Internship Summary: To learn all aspects of the ticket and group sales operation of the Traverse City Beach Bums under the mentorship of the Director of Ticketing. Exposure to all areas of ticketing included but not limited to; effectively prospecting, presenting and following through with customers. Develop and enhance relationships with current fans and sponsors. Assist in other departments with particular projects as requested or required.
Hours: Interns must be available to participate full-time, including evenings, weekends and holidays. On non-game days the day generally is 9:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:30 am to 2 pm, (plus possible evenings, weekends and holidays for player/driver/mascot appearances and other special circumstances.) On game days, the day generally begins at 9:30 am and ends after the game (sometimes as late as or later than 11 pm.) The Beach Bums 2018 home game schedule is for 48 home games.
Qualifications: Must be outgoing, tactful, courteous, and professional in an atmosphere of many demands and frequent interruptions. Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, phone, and organizational skills. Must utilize high-impact customer service skills to ensure customer loyalty. Ability to perceive problems, suggestions, and trouble-shoot solutions proactively. Manage game day staff, including scheduling, monitoring, and problem solving.
Ticketing system knowledge, and understanding of baseball and the industry as well as computer skills is a plus.
Compensation: The Ticket Intern position is a full-time, seasonal position with the Traverse City Beach Bums organization. Commission is available on group and full party patio sales. This position is from May 1st (or sooner) through September 2nd, 2018. The candidate will earn a stipend of $600 per month (paid bi-monthly) for each month he/she is employed by the Beach Bums, with the opportunity to earn college credit.
ALL INTERNS MUST
- Strive to make the Traverse City Beach Bums a first-class professional sports organization
- Work diligently to build and strengthen relationships with corporate partners, media, fans and the community
- Work at all times to provide the ultimate entertainment experience to all patrons of the Traverse City Beach Bums
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the General Manager
Essential Requirements for all Interns:
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing
- Excellent communication skills; ability to act quickly under pressure
- Must be enthusiastic and able to keep up in a fast paced environment
- Must be customer service oriented
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
- Positive, outgoing attitude and willingness to learn required
- Must be able to lift 10-40 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Must be available to work all 2018 Beach Bums home games & special events, including nights and weekends
HOURS: Interns must be available to participate full-time, including evenings, weekends and holidays. On non-game days the day generally is 9:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:30 am to 2 pm (plus possible evenings, weekends and holiday for player/driver/mascot appearances and other special circumstances.) On game days, the day generally begins at 9:30 am and ends after the game (sometimes as late as or later than 11 pm). The Beach Bums 2018 home game schedule is for 48 home games, with home opener May 23rd and final regular season game Sunday, September 2nd, 2018, plus special event promotions, as well as ticket sales & setup.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have lodging available in the Grand Traverse Area?
Will you be using the internship for college credit?
Are you available the entire 2018 baseball season?