Merchandise Intern (2018 Season)
Traverse City Beach Bums
Traverse City, MI
MERCHANDISE Internship -- Start Date: May 1st or sooner END Date: September 5th or later
The Traverse City Beach Bums Professional Baseball Club is looking for a dynamic, high-energy personality for the position of Merchandise Intern for the 2018 season.
- Must be available to work all 48 Beach Bums home games plus special events
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing
- Excellent communication skills; ability to act quickly under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
- Customer service experience a plus
- Successful applicants should have a genuine interest in the business of venue concessions, be highly motivated and hard working
JOB DESCRIPTION:This internship will primarily expose students to gift shop management, inventory control, product design and ordering, cash handling and budgeting, and sales and customer service but will cover all facets of a professional baseball team’s front office.
- Work directly for Director of Merchandise
- Assist with planning, marketing, and execution of the Beach Bums merchandise and promotional items for the Traverse City Beach Bums Beach Bums and outside events
- Assist with planning, ordering, and execution the promotions for all 48 Beach Bums home games
- Create and sell marketing campaigns to help promote local businesses
- Contribute to the Beach Bums website, web store, actively participate in the team’s social media efforts
- Assist with field preparation and general stadium maintenance and upkeep
- Organize and attend outside promotional events and assist with grassroots marketing efforts as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Non-game days 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:30 am to 2 pm
- Game days 9:30 am until the game is over (generaly 11 pm or later)
Intern Salary: $600/month stipend
Yes/No: I have housing in the Traverse City area?
Will you be using the internship to earn college credit?
How did you hear about this job?
When does your fall semester start?