Groundskeeping/Stadium Operations Internship (2018 Season)
Traverse City Beach Bums
Traverse City, MI
The Traverse City Beach Bums are looking for a motivated person to join our franchise located in the great city of Traverse City for a seasonal position in Professional Baseball. The Beach Bums are part of the independent Frontier League. Learn hands-on groundkeeping at one of the nicest minor league ballparks in the Midwest!
The Beach Bums desire an individual with a hunger to be in professional baseball and learn the business. Our internship is designed to provide the employee with training and experience of field upkeep and maintenance along with other aspects of minor league baseball. The role of this position is to assist in the day to day operations including but not limited to mowing, field repair, irrigation trouble shooting and repair, fertilizer application, equipment maintenance, and stadium maintenance.
· A desire to work hard and be in minor league baseball
· Ability to take and follow direction
· Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
· Past groundskeeping experience a plus
· Must possess the ability to lift fifty pounds often and 70-100 pounds occasionally
· Must be able to work long hours
· Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license
ALL INTERNS MUST
· Strive to make the Traverse City Beach Bums a first-class professional sports organization
· Work diligently to build and strengthen relationships with corporate partners, media, fans and the community
· Work at all times to provide the ultimate entertainment experience to all patrons of the Traverse City Beach Bums
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the General Manager
Essential Requirements for all Interns:
· Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing
· Excellent communication skills; ability to act quickly under pressure
· Must be enthusiastic and able to keep up in a fast paced environment
· Must be customer service oriented
· Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
· Positive, outgoing attitude and willingness to learn required
· Must be available to work all 2018 Beach Bums home games, including nights and weekends
HOURS: Interns must be available to participate full-time, including evenings, weekends and holidays. On non-game days the day generally is 9:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:30 am to 2 pm (plus possible evenings, weekends and holiday for player/driver/mascot appearances and other special circumstances.) On game days, the day generally begins at 9:30 am and ends after the game (sometimes as late as or later than 11 pm). The Beach Bums 2018 home game schedule is for 48 home games, with home opener May 23rd and final regular season game Sunday, September 2nd, 2018, plus special event planning & setup.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have housing in the Traverse City Area?
Do you have your own transportation?