Director of Food & Beverage
Traverse City Beach Bums
Traverse City, MI
Food and Beverage: Food/Beverage Management
The Traverse City Beach Bums are looking for a qualified individual to be responsible for the overall food service operation, including all concessions for gamedays and special events. Please note, this is not an internship, applicant must have minimum two years experience in sports food service.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop long and short-range financial statements consistent with Beach Bums objectives
• Develop new menus for the concessions that incorporate ballpark classics with local favorites
• Creates menu & beverage list prices, and is responsible for the selection of products and décor of items used within the ballpark’s concession areas
• Responsible for purchasing products to fill special requests (birthday parties, party patio groups, etc.) ensures accurate quantities of food and beverages are ordered
• Monitors activities of employees to achieve objectives and ensures adequate staffing
• Investigates all food quality and service complaints
• Supervision and training of game day staff and non-profit groups
• Responsible for overseeing daily preparation and shut down processes
• Oversee concessions, picnic and suite catering operations
• Handling guest relations especially with groups
• Oversees daily stocking and inventory of all concession areas, including post-game inventory
• Maintaining clean and safe concession stands, monitoring all concession equipment with repairs as needed
• Preparing and maintaining daily, monthly and seasonal reports
• Preparing employee schedules, overseeing time card management
• Maintaining employee files and staff evaluations
• Monitoring, meeting and communicating all health code and liquor control laws
• Maintaining inventory reports • Assisting as needed with concessions operations
• Establish and meet department budgets, monitor food and labor costs on a daily basis, establish vendor relationships, maintaining proper inventory levels and ensuring the cleanliness of all food areas
OFF-SEASON RESPONSIBILITIES -- Work in front office with sponsorship/advertising sales. Meet monthly sales goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum of two years’ management experience in multi-unit food and beverage operation is required; previous stadium related experience of similar size or larger venue is strongly preferred
• Must have experience with operational financial management accountability and budgeting
• General knowledge of the game of baseball
• Good time management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
• This position requires standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant, Food Service management or related field is preferred
• Excellent verbal and communication skills Working Conditions/Special Physical Requirements
• Stand or walk for long periods of time • Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions
• Required to work flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
This is a full-time position. This person will be required to work a full-time schedule that includes regular office hours (Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.) on non-game days and during the baseball off-season. On game days, the day generally begins at 9:00 am and ends after the game (sometimes as late or later than 11 pm). The schedule varies and will include nights, weekends and holidays. The Beach Bums 2018 game schedule is 48 home games. Currently four special events are being planning.
START DATE: ASAP
How did you hear about this job?
Where did you acquire your F&B experience?
Do you have sales experience?