Athletic Training Internship with Lake Erie Crushers in Avon · OH
Lake Erie Crushers jobs
Sports Jobs in Avon · OH
The athletic training intern will take an active role in all phases of the athletic training program and will assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the running of their facility and the daily operation of their job. He or she is expected to act in a professional manner at all times while representing the Lake Erie Crushers and Mercy Health. The position will require commitment to coverage of all home games during the 2020 baseball season (roughly 50 games). The intern will generally work 8-10 hours days depending upon the duration of the contest, but the schedule will alter to team needs. The position would last from the beginning of the season in May and finish in August when the student needs to return back to school.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to demonstrate the he or she can perform the essential functions of the Internship, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assist the Head ATC with pre game rehabilitation and pre game set up of the athletic training room and field
- Assist with post game rehabilitation and post game clean up of the athletic training room and field
- Assist Head ATC with injury evaluation
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized training room
- Assist in maintaining athletic training room medical supply inventory
- Assist Head ATC with small tasks needed on daily basis (pharmacy trips, taking athletes to doctor appointments, etc.)
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, and other staff members
Specific Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must have strong organizational/communication skills
- Must be punctual and accountable every day
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, initiative, and leadership abilities
Qualifications and Standards:
- Enrolled in a college athletic training education program
- Must be on track to becoming NATABOC certified
- Current CPR certification
- Experience and knowledge of rehab programs
- Experience and knowledge of prevention, recognition, evaluation, and care of athletes
- Moderate level of physical exertion required
- Must be able to work extended periods of time in unfavorable weather conditions
- Reliable transportation is required
- This position is unpaid
- This position gives preference to juniors and seniors currently enrolled in an athletic training education program, but freshman and sophomore applications will be considered once upperclassmen applications are reviewed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?