Corporate Sales internship (Spring/Summer 2018)
Joliet Slammers Baseball
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsor
The Joliet Slammers are committed to providing a quality educational experience through our seasonal internship program. Internships will provide you with the necessary tools to help you advance in the field of sports management and become a sought after member of the sports business world. The Slammers’ environment will provide the perfect laboratory for students in all aspects of sports to receive an integrated learning experience. No other learning experience provides the diversity and magnitude of possibilities. Although there is no job with the Slammers guaranteed following completion of the internship, the educational experience will be invaluable moving forward as you enter the sports business field.
Available Internship Emphasis
All Joliet Slammers internships are general education by design as each intern will have education in most departments listed below. However, each intern will be given an emphasis (listed below) to focus their individual education.
Education Supervisor: Manager Corporate Partnerships
This position will allow each intern to experience a portion of the corporate sales season as well as fulfillment of corporate partnership agreements during the baseball season. As a corporate partnerships intern, you will help perform the necessary duties required to fulfill all the elements of our corporate partnerships, in addition to going above and beyond to ensure partner satisfaction. You will interact regularly with our sponsors, community partners, fans, and other Slammers staff members. This opportunity will provide you with knowledge and experience in sports sponsorships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Researching potential clients
· Assist in creation and presentation of sponsorship proposals
· Set meetings with potential clients
· Attendance at Slammers home games and other Slammers events as needed (Summer 2018)
· Coordinating with all departments to ensure sponsorship fulfillment (ie. working with the marketing department to ensure social media mentions, working with the ticket department and food and beverage operations to fulfill hospitality elements, working with the promotions team to coordinate sponsored in-game activities, video board commercials, etc)
· Helping coordinate sponsor hospitality such as corporate outings or events with the Slammers
· Tracking sponsorship elements as to provide Proof of Performance presentations following the season. This includes photographing signage, in-game promotions, and group outings, tracking social media mentions, etc.
· Helping maintain a corporate e-newsletter
· Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at accredited university
· Must be able to earn college credit for internship
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and/or Publisher
· Photography skills preferred but not required
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills; ability to talk to unfamiliar individuals
· Presentable and professional at all times
· Ambitious and self starting
· Passion for sports and strong desire to work in a team environment that fosters creativity, fun and energy
The Joliet Slammers will provide each intern with evaluations in accordance with their respective school’s requirements. Further evaluations will be given by the Slammers full time employees.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you eligible to receive college credit?
Do you have housing in the Joliet area?