Assistant Marketing Manager (INTERNSHIP) with Gateway Grizzlies in Saint Louis, MO
Gateway Grizzlies jobs
Sports Jobs in Saint Louis, MO
Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
The Gateway Grizzlies Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, is currently in search of a skilled and motivated Assistant Marketing Manager for the 2019 season. The position available will give candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional sports through our challenging and rewarding internship program. This position affords the unique opportunity to assist in the action plan for setting up a professional sports organization's season. The responsibilities of this position will run from January to the beginning of September.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Assistant General Manager as an assistant and direct representative of the Marketing Department to the Gateway Ticket Office, Promotions Department, and Corporate Sales Offices.
Mass Media Marketing
• Official Social Media Manager
• Handle survey and market research within GCS Ballpark
• Flyers, brochures, and simple graphic creator
• Web and host site administrative assistant
• Corporate sales coordinator
• Team photography and video editing
• Show and production management
• Post-game media liaison and engineer
Must be familiar with Mac and Windows programs. Preferred working understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (ie. photoshop, illustrator, inDesign, etc.) as well as video editing software (iMovie, FinalCut, After Effects).
• Good project management skills.
• Motivated - self-starting attitude.
• Sound knowledge of marketing principles.
• Graphic design experience is required.
• Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and ability of applying it to marketing principles (social media, print, web, etc)
• Ability to work individually and ability to handle self-driven projects efficiently.
• Conversant with report writing, business procedures and correspondence.
• Ability to establish good relations with all levels of employees.
• First-class copyright skills and ability to use various technical aspects of the marketing theory for a wide range of customers.
• Strong knowledge of products in the market and product of the employing company along with knowledge of type of consumers.
• Time management, fixing priorities, organizing skills, attentiveness, accuracy in performance.
• Statistical knowledge for analyzing systems and data for suggesting quick solutions for the problems.
• Effective presentation of information and strong spoken language skills for responding to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
Everyone working in professional baseball wears many different “hats,” so a willingness to go above and beyond one’s normal duties is expected.
For more information on this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter along with an email address.
• Opportunities for commission
• Monthly stipend
• College credit
• Housing is not provided (candidates should consider Greater St. Louis Area)
The Gateway Grizzlies are an equal opportunity employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available for all 48 Gateway Grizzlies home games throughout the 2019 season?
Do you have previous graphic design experience?
Do you have housing in the Greater St. Louis area?