Video Production Internship with Washington Wild Things in Washington · PA
Washington Wild Things jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · PA
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
Mission Statement: The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, the ability to perform under pressure and the utilization of essential time management skills. The Washington Wild Things strive to successfully prepare interns to compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Internship Summary: The Washington Wild Things, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League, are seeking multiple individuals for Video Production Internships for the 2020 season. The Video Production Intern will assist at home baseball games and events at the park by capturing video footage and work in the creation of new and current video segments. The Video Production Internship is a perfect fit for those looking to work in the sports industry and provides students with valuable hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience in the fast-paced environment.
*Internship must be used for college credit and is unpaid.*
Reports to: Creative Services & Production Manager
Requirements: The Wild Things are looking for an outgoing, go getter personality to handle multiple responsibilities. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of running a professional franchise, such as: sales, marketing, operations, ticketing, customer service and more. We are looking for hard-working candidates that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Operate fixed and roaming HD video cameras, DSLR cameras, and audio equipment for recording and live production
- Capture footage of:
o Game Action (Warmups, Intros, In-Game, Celebrations, etc.)
o Fans (Groups, Celebrations, etc.)
o Promotions (First Pitches, National Anthem Signers, 7th Inning Stretch, Performers, etc.)
o Events (SipAway Festival, Concerts, etc.)
- Assist on all assigned shoots and editing
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite (Premiere, Media Encoder)
- Develop ideas for video elements to be used during the season
- Organize and archive daily game footage
- Perform basic editing duties
- Work home games, events, and daytime office hours if necessary
- Occasionally required to lift heavy loads and haul production gear
- Pursuing a degree in Film & Video Production, Graphic Design, Multimedia, or a related field preferred but not required
- Technical experience in video production and editing is required
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite (Premiere)
- Receiving school credit for internship
- Passion for sports and general knowledge of baseball
- Energy to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Able to assume other responsibilities as required
- Must be available to work from beginning (early-mid May) to end of season (early-mid September)
- Ability to handle numerous projects & meet deadlines
- Some experience in lighting, audio, and green screen production is a plus
- Please submit a:
o Cover letter
o Examples of past work (portfolio, Behance, YouTube, jpg, png, pdf, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your video production strengths?