Ticketing Internship with Washington Wild Things in Washington · PA
Washington Wild Things jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · PA
Mission Statement: The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, the ability to perform under pressure and the utilization of essential time management skills. The Washington Wild Things strive to successfully prepare interns to compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Internship Summary: The Washington Wild Things, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League, are seeking interns for the Ticketing Department during the Summer 2020 semester. The Ticketing Department Intern will work the Box Office for ALL home games and events. Ticketing Interns will have the opportunity to learn how to manage a Box Office during events and they will have the opportunity to sell individual, season, group, and premium tickets.
* Internship must be used for college credit and is unpaid. Interns will have the opportunity to earn commission on season, group, and premium tickets sold *
Reports to: Manager of Ticket Sales
Requirements: The Wild Things are looking for an outgoing, go getter personality to handle multiple responsibilities. The successful candidate will learn all aspects of running a professional franchise, such as: sales, marketing, operations, ticketing, customer service and more. We are looking for hard-working and creative candidates that are willing to go above and beyond expectations.
- Report to Executive Office when scheduled
- Maintain and operate the Box Office during gamedays and events
- Operate ticketing system (Streamline Technologies)
- Answer various questions relating to the Wild Things OR other events hosted at the stadium
- Make sales:
- Create and maintain databases utilizing Excel
- Assist with assigned theme nights
- Assist all departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environments
- Available to work ALL home games and events
- Ability to work in various departments
- Willingness to listen, learn and receive constructive feedback
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to work in sports?