Sales Internship 2018
The Normal CornBelters
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Normal CornBelters Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, are seeking Sales Interns for the 2017-2018 season. Roles will be assigned based on the individual's experience and ability following an interview process to determine the best fit within the organization.
2017-2018 Internship Roles
- Group Sales - Assist with the prospecting, planning, and execution of group nights.
- Corporate Sales - Develop new business opportunities with an emphasis on corporate and business sector prospects.
- Sponsorship Support - Assist in the execution of corporate partnership contracts.
- Box Office (Spring/Summer 2018) - Provide support within the CornBelters Box Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reporting information by maintaining and being able to produce on a regular basis accurate reports of call volume, sales and account maintenance.
- Assist with the planning and execution of season and corporate ticket holder events, benefits, information sessions, renewal campaigns, and call campaigns.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts, and sales performance.
- Oversee execution of the client amenities and services to optimize client experience, satisfaction, maximize sales profitability and enhance retention efforts.
- Interact with other Normal CornBelters departments to provide a cooperative, client-oriented focus for all ticket related operations.
- Identify sales opportunities through networking and outreach within the local market.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Strong customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
- This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit, as well as future placement in part-time and full-time positions with the CornBelters.
How did you hear about this job?