Corporate Marketing & Hospitality (INTERNSHIP) with Gateway Grizzlies in Sauget · IL
Gateway Grizzlies jobs
Sports Jobs in Sauget · IL
The Gateway Grizzlies Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, is currently in search of two (2) Corporate Marketing & Hospitality interns for the 2020 season. The position available will give candidates an opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional sports through our challenging and rewarding internship program. The internship runs from May through September 2020.
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of finance and basic accounting
- Willingness to engage in conversation publicly
- Assist in package and sponsorship creation
- Carry out basic proof of performance duties
- In-house flyer and brochure design
- Set timetable for flyer distribution
- Message board set-up and scheme
- Audio visual technician & set-up (PA, sound boards, projection, etc.)
- Coordinate all aspect of the Grizzlies "suite level" hospitality
- Serve as the direct correspondent for all hospitality needs
- In charge of coordination between merchandise sales/awareness and
- Entertain clients and high-level package holders during events and games at GCS Credit Union Ballpark
Must be familiar with Mac and Windows programs. Preferred working understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (ie: Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, etc.) as well as video editing software (iMovie, FinalCut, After Effects).
- Strong project management skills.
- Motivated and self-starting attitude.
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and ability of applying it to marketing principles (social media, print, web, etc)
- Ability to work individually and ability to handle self-driven projects efficiently.
- Conversant with report writing, business procedures and correspondence.
- Ability to establish good relations with all levels of employees.
- First-class copyright skills and ability to use various technical aspects of the marketing theory for a wide range of customers.
- Strong knowledge of products in the market and product of the employing company along with knowledge of type of consumers.
- Time management, fixing priorities, organizing skills, attentiveness, accuracy in performance.
- Statistical knowledge for analyzing systems and data for suggesting quick solutions for the problems.
- Effective presentation of information for responding to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
Interns will be required to help sell tickets, help in our concession's operations, interact with players and coaches, and help clean the stadium in addition to their primary duties. Everyone working in professional league baseball wears many different “hats,” so a willingness to go above and beyond one’s normal duties is expected.
For more information on this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter along with an email address.
- Opportunities for commission
- College credit
- Housing is not provided (Applicants should consider the Greater St. Louis Area)
The Gateway Grizzlies are an equal opportunity employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have housing in the Greater St. Louis area?