Head Athletic Trainer with Sussex County Miners in Augusta · NJ
Sussex County Miners jobs
Sports Jobs in Augusta · NJ
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Sussex County Miners are hiring a full-time Head Athletic Trainer for the 2020 season.
- Working with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate player condition and create exercise plans
- Speaking to coaches and athletes to set health and fitness goals.
- Designing training and rehabilitation programs for athletes.
- Using knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes or referring them to the care of a doctor or other medical staff member.
- Assisting injured players as they heal and tracking their progress towards recovery.
- Maintaining records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans.
- Handling clerical tasks, such as maintaining inventory, assisting with budgets, or restocking supplies.
- Treat and help athletes recover from injury, avoid injury, and/or maintain peak physical fitness.
- Administer first aid to injured players, such as wrapping ankles, fingers, or wrists for support.
- Oversee management and cleanliness of the training room
- Other duties as necessary
- Must have a degree from an accredited institution
- Must be a certified trainer in New Jersey
- Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required
- Must be available to work Miners home and road games, including nights, mid-week day games, and weekends
- Must be available to work from May 1 - September 15
- Must have a passport/be able to travel to Canada
- Job Type: Full-time
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?