Retail Management/Merchandising Intern (Summer 2018)
River City Rascals
The River City Rascals Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, is currently in search of a Retail Management/Merchandising Intern for the 2018 season. This position will run from May through September, and be responsible for the maintaining the River City Rascals Team Store. This position will give the candidate an opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional sports as well as the retail management and merchandising industries.
- Assist in the planning and execution of apparel and merchandise ordering for the Rascals Team Store
- Develop a merchandising and organizational plan for the Team Store to maximize revenue
- Take responsibility and ownership of the overall cleanliness and presentation of the Rascals Team Store
- Work directly with the GM and Business Manager on designing, ordering, pricing, and stocking
- Monitor inventory levels and vary store layouts throughout the season making sure the Team Store is stocked and ready before the gates open each night
- Manage the Team Store during Rascals home games
- Operate a cash register and run end of the night game reports
- Field phone calls & answer everyday questions
- Assist with Rascals promotions, theme nights, All-Star Game, Legends Game, mascot/community appearances, and other aspects of the Rascals overall season preparation and execution as needed
• Must be comfortable in front of large crowds and personable
• Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of social media sites and associated applications
• Must be willing and able to lift items up to 50 lbs. for set up and take down of games and events
• Flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
This is an unpaid position, with availability to maintain a part-time job outside of your internship. Summer hours would be 25/week + all home games.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter along with an email address.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Is this for school credit?
When is your earliest start date?