Florence Freedom Spring / Summer Internship
"Interning for the Florence Freedom was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. Florence was the perfect place for me to “get my feet wet” in the sports industry and learn hands on from a super friendly and helpful staff. Not only are you going to learn skills helpful in the sports industry you will also join the Freedom family, during my time in Florence I made many great connections and friendships that I still have today."
Florence Freedom interns do not go get front office staff coffee or lunch. They are put into real hands-on experiences to learn the backend of running a sports business. All Freedom interns will the opportunity to experience some, if not all the facets of our business listed below:
- Sales, insides on-the-phone/email and outside in-person sales calls
- Marketing, coming up with fan-engaging marketing tactics and promotions in-house, online and in the community
- Operations, facility and human resource management; and food & beverage inventory control
- Video and graphic design work; running a nightly "show" to entertain guests
- Business operations; nightly inventorty control in team shop, money reconciling and running
The Freedom take pride in advancing the careers of their intern class. Currently half of the full-time Freedom front office staff started as an intern; we like the hire from the talent of our interns when available. Just from the 2017 season alone; two interns stand out as "super-success stories" as they have gone on to accept jobs post-internship with the Dallas Cowboys and Augusta Greenjackets front office. Numerous other success stories follow in-line with just two small examples from this past year's intern class.
Hours & Flexibility: Freedom internships are designed first and foremost around the experience of putting on a first class, fan first show when the boys are in town. Interns are expected to work each and every home game / large stadium event. Beyond home games/large events, the Freedom work hard to be flexible with appropriate time off and ability to also work a summer part time job. A Freedom intern should expect a 2-3 day per week office hour shift to learn/be involved with other areas of the business.
Pay/Stipend: The Freedom offer each intern a monthly travel and expense stipend.
Internship Job Descriptions: Click the links below to learn more about the specific internship opportunities available this summer.
- Birthday Sales Manager
- Box Office Assistant Manager
- Box Office Assistant
- Business Manager Assistant
- Corporate Partnership Assistant
- Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
- Group Sales Assistant
- Photography Intern
- Sales, Marketing & Promotions Assistant
- Stadium Operations / Youth Baseball Assistant
- Video Control Room Assistant
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to local housing in the Greater Cincinnati area during the summer?
Are you eligible for college credit?
When do you anticipate your earliest start date?
Are you able to be an intern through the end of the year?