In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Senior Tax Accountant will serve as a key member of the Fenway Sports Group Finance team with tax compliance responsibilities listed below. In addition, this position would help support forward-looking tax analyses for the FSG subsidiaries and management group.
- Prepare federal tax return workpapers for subsidiaries, including calculating tax depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare Schedule K-2 and K-3 reporting as well as Forms 5471 and 8858.
- Prepare partnership state tax workpapers with attention to the calculation of apportionment, state modifications, nexus, and flow through taxation.
- Preparation of the federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C Corporations and S Corporations.
- Support the quarterly tax forecasting function.
- Support the quarterly analysis for state tax estimated tax payments, nonresident withholding requirements and pass through entity taxes.
- Assistance with correspondence to state tax authorities.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- 3+ years of partnership taxation experience including IRC Section 704(c) calculations and special allocations, partner to partner transactions and capital account maintenance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel) and Go-Systems.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, and can work well independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Solid communication skills and detail-oriented.
At the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Management, we go beyond embracing diversity. We’re committed to living by our values, strengthening our community, and creating a workplace where people genuinely feel like they belong.
Too often, job seekers don’t apply to positions because they don’t meet every qualification. If you love this role and are great at what you do, we encourage you to apply. Your unique skills and experiences might just be what we’ve been looking for.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.