*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
In this role, the Manager of Consulting & Events will work closely with each client’s internal marketing team to develop strategies and customized sponsorship programs that deliver against brand objectives. You will be charged with identifying potential partners, procuring the optimal mix of sponsorships that help brands reach and engage target audiences, evaluating opportunities, providing recommendations based on extensive research, creating integrated activation programs and leading negotiations with prospective teams, leagues and/or athletes.
The Manager of Consulting & Events will be expected to join the team and make an impact on clients on a daily basis.
- Strategic Account Management (40%)
- Operate as the lead point of contact for day-to-day servicing of client accounts.
- Understand overall client goals and help to develop strategic marketing partnerships & platforms.
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate new sponsorship opportunities, including team, league, player and venue.
- Create high-level point of views and overall recommendations for proposals.
- Prepare in-depth research and analytics to support client needs.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Account Partnership Activation (60%)
- Manage, attend and execute client events, including but not limited to player appearances, TV shoots, tabling and game sponsorships;
- Maintain event budget that aligns with client goals/expectations.
- Inventory, order & manage all potential promotional items.
- Manage all on-site logistics, staffing needs and provide on-site management when required.
- Provide detailed recaps to clients for all activations.
- Brainstorm and implement activation programs.
- Create presentation materials including strategic plans, sponsorship activation plans and event recaps
- Support broader department needs as requested, including hospitality support, and larger event and brainstorming initiatives.
CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent face-to-face, telephone and e-mail communication
- A minimum of 3 years of account/relationship management and activation experience in the sports and entertainment industries
- Acute attention to detail, high level of organization and ability to efficiently multi-task
- Proven work experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies and vendors. Client service-driven individual
- Able to operate effectively in a team setting and get along with co-workers
- Practical experience with demonstrated success executing sports/entertainment/event marketing initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements. Up-to-date means having received all recommended COVID-19 vaccination doses in the primary series and a booster dose(s) when eligible, per CDC guidelines.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.