The Boston Red Sox created the “Sales Academy” in April of 2013 to grow future sports and entertainment sales leaders. To date, 41 Academy “graduates” have been promoted either within Fenway Sports Group and or around the sports world. This new role will be dedicated to ticket sales for Fenway Sports Management (FSM) Special Events initiatives, primarily the newly launched NCAA college football “Fenway Bowl” beginning in December 2021. Responsibilities include selling all seating inventory for the bowl game at Fenway Park including premium and group tickets. In addition this role will sell tickets, and hospitality for other FSM promoted and managed special events.
- Develops new leads through cold calling, emails, text, and referrals from current customers
- Minimum of 60-80 phone calls, and touch points per day
- Provides excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and in person
- Represents FSM in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Relevant sales experience preferred.
- Strong desire to be a sports sales industry leader
- Strong customer service, self-motivated, excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficiency in, Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
Graduates of the Red Sox Sales Academy have moved on to, or are currently in the following full-time positions within the sports industry:
- (2) Manager, Red Sox Sales Academy – Boston Red Sox
- (6) Premium Season Ticket Account Executives – Boston Red Sox
- Coordinator, Red Sox Sales Academy – Boston Red Sox
- (2) Premium Suite Sales Account Executives – Boston Red Sox
- (5) Group Sales Account Executives - Boston Red Sox
- (2) Season Ticket Account Executives – Boston Red Sox
- Account Executive, Special Events – Fenway Sports Management
- Sales Representative, Special Events – Fenway Sports Management
- Coordinator Marketing Partnerships – Fenway Sports Management -
- Premium Coordinator - Boston Red Sox
- Manager, Business Development – MLB Korea-
- Manager, Group Sales & Hospitality - Oakland Athletics
- SR Manager of Ticket Sales – Pittsburgh Penguins
- Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager - Portland Timbers
- Group Sales Account Executive – Boston Bruins
- (2) Season Ticket Account Executives – Boston Bruins
- Premium Account Executive – Boston Celtics
- Manager, Suite Sales - Columbus Crew SC at Legends
- Manager, Inside Sales at Harris Blitzer Sports &Entertainment
- Premium Sales Consultant – Sofi Stadium at Hollywood Park at Legends
- Premium Sales Consultant – Allegiant Stadium at Legends
- Premium Sales Consultant - Rose Bowl Stadium
- Group Sales Account Executive – Oakland A’s
- Group Sales Account Executive - Colorado Avalanche
- Membership Services, Boston Celtics
- Vice President, Corporate Partnerships – Washington Redskins
- Inside Sales Account Executive, New York Islanders
- Account Manager, Member Services at New York Islanders
- Coordinator, Event Operations at U.S. Soccer Federation
- Account Executive at NASCAR
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.