*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Accounting Manager for Fenway Sports Management will report to the Vice President of Finance at FSM, Boca Raton. Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented; possess superior reconciliation skills and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment. This individual will also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are essential.
- Management of Monthly Close and Preparation of Financial Statements
- Assist with Budgeting and Monthly Forecasting
- Assist with Audit Requests
- Management of General Ledger Reconciliations
- Commission Schedules & Sales Reports
- Monthly Status Reporting for Departments
- Management of Financial Ad Hoc Requests
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to independently analyze complex financial and accounting information to generate meaningful results for leadership team
- Candidate must demonstrate experience as a process owner of all accounting and bookkeeping functions within a complex multi-entity environment.
- Proven ability to interact with teams within a high performing international environment and provide excellent customer service across all organizational needs.
- Advanced Excel skills are a Must
- Modular Accounting Software Experience preferred, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Track record of continuous improvement and technology project implementation a plus
- GAAP knowledge, (understanding of updated Revenue Recognition and Leasing guidelines a plus)
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work at a high level of multi-tasking
- Individual must be able to work independently and effectively in a semi-remote environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous manner with internal and external customers
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of confidentiality and discretion in all proprietary business, financial and employee matters while maintaining open, direct, positive, and objective lines of communication with management.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance Required, Masters and/or CPA a preferred plus
- Minimum ten years’ experience with five years in financial accounting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.