Join one of the most dynamic brands in baseball and launch your career in the sports entertainment industry! The Richmond Flying Squirrels Retail & Merchandising Intern will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the organization’s daily operations while gaining hands-on experience in all areas of merchandising and retail operations, including but not limited to merchandising, e-commerce, buying and customer service. The ideal candidate should be independently motivated and goal-oriented with a desire to pursue a career in business management, merchandising and/or retail operations. Individuals who have successfully completed the Flying Squirrels internship program have graduated to full-time positions in all professional sports leagues including MiLB, MLB, MLS, NFL, NBA and NASCAR as well as college athletics.
FUNN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Squirrels Nest Team Store
- Ensure visual appearance and presentation of the Squirrels Nest Team Store
- Schedule and manage game day employees
- Assist with inventory management
- Process all e-commerce orders
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Assist in processing new inventory
- Complete basic accounting responsibilities including balancing cash and transactions
- Assist with team’s youth uniform program
- Assist with other game day operations as assigned by the Director of Merchandise
- Must be available full-time, in-person from January 16-September 27, 2024
- Willingness to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to all 69 Flying Squirrels home games and select non-game day and special events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience in retail strongly preferred.
- Experience with e-commerce is encouraged but not required
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.