Join one of the most dynamic brands in baseball and launch your career in the sports entertainment industry! The Richmond Flying Squirrels Promotions & Entertainment Intern will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the organization’s daily operations while assisting the Promotions & Entertainment Director with fan engagement initiatives, game-day performances and nightly entertainment as well as the successful planning and implementation of all promotional theme nights. The ideal candidate is highly energetic and passionate about creating a FUNN, entertaining environment with the ability to demonstrate their creativity. Individuals who have successfully completed the Flying Squirrels internship program have graduated to full-time positions in all professional sports leagues including MiLB, MLB, MLS, NFL, NBA and NASCAR as well as college athletics.
FUNN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to dance, sing and/or entertain
- Willingness to don a mascot suit and various costumes
- Assist in managing, hiring and overseeing the Flying Squirrels game day entertainment team
- Assist in planning and implementing various themed nights for the team's 69 home games
- Assist in booking outside performers and entertainment acts such as dancers, acrobats, face painters, bands, etc.
- Assist with the coordination of pregame on-field activations such as group performances, National Anthems, Little League teams, Field of Dreams teams, first pitches, etc.
- Assist with postgame activities such as kids run the bases, front gate exit giveaways and firework clean-up
- Must be available full-time, in-person from January 16-September 27, 2024
- Willingness to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to all 69 Flying Squirrels home games and select non-game day and special events
- Energetic, outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills and superior customer service
- Strong work ethic with the passion and desire to work in the promotions and/or entertainment department within the sports entertainment industry
- At least 1 year working in the sports and/or entertainment industries preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.