We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.POSITION: Flying Squirrels Street Team DEPARTMENT: Promotions/Marketing REPORTS TO: Director of Promotions & Director of Corporate Sales START DATE: Late Winter- Early Spring END DATE: Early September (plus playoffs, if applicable) COMPENSATION: $8-$10 Based on Availability HOURS: Approximately 5 Hours per Game and outside appearances
The Flying Squirrels Street Team serves as the ambassadors of the Richmond Flying Squirrels throughout the community and in-game. Street Team members play an integral role in enhancing the Flying Squirrels brand through community appearances, in-game promotions and overall presence on gameday. Members of the Street Team will oversee the selling of nightly raffle & Launch-a-Ball, assisting with pre-game activities, attending promotional appearances outside of The Diamond, assisting the Corporate and Group sales departments and ensuring FUNN is had by all!
Qualifications & Requirements
· Must be available for at least 75% of Richmond Flying Squirrels home games, as well as a flexible schedule that accommodates nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Energetic, outgoing personality and positive attitude.
· Strong work ethic with the passion and desire to work in the business side of the sports industry.
· Local candidates are preferred.
· Strong communication skills and superior customer service.
· Sales experience and brand representation.
· Not afraid to have FUNN!
Duties · Selling raffle tickets, Launch-a-Ball, jersey auctions, etc.
· Attend promotional rundown meeting to be assigned that night’s duties.
· Work in Fan Services, at marketing tables or Kids Club booth on gameday.
· Assist with pregame on-field activities such as parades, banquet bashes, high-five tunnels, first pitches, etc.
· Assist with postgame activities on busy nights such as kids run the bases and launch-a-ball.
· Be a positive fixture at the front gates as fans enter and leave the stadium: passing out programs, giveaways, greeting fans, & handing out exit coupons.
· Assist both the Corporate Sales and Group Sales departments when needed.
· Attend outside promotional appearances to assist both Nutzy and NUTasha.
· Attend tabling and community events on weekends or during office hours.
For those interested, please send resume and cover letter via email to Clint.Goulden@squirrelsbaseball.com