Compensation: $1,200 per month
Job Description: The Richmond Flying Squirrels seek a hard working, dedicated individual to assist with the concessions department. The Richmond Flying Squirrels Internship Program is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience for the team and successful candidates. Each position will receive hands-on training from full time members of the Richmond Flying Squirrels staff and the interns will be given the opportunity to gain real world experience(s).
Please Note: THIS INTERNSHIP BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AND RUNS THROUGH THE SEASON. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE STILL ATTENDING SCHOOL.
- Assist will all aspects of the concessions operation, including but not limited to; receiving and distributing inventory, cooking and cleaning.
- Monitor sales percentages / per caps, daily sales reports
- Create and maintain an invoice log, file copies of all invoices
- Oversee the group events area and warehouse staff
- Assist in overseeing concession staff of 75+ on any given day, help with scheduling
- Ensure proper food preparation and food safety practices are being followed.
- Have a genuine interest in the concessions business
- Highly motivated and hard working
- Ability to think quickly in stressful situations
- Prepared to work long hours
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to do heavy lifting and some work with chemicals.