We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mascot Assistant is responsible for providing support and assisting Slugger the Sea Dog at all home games and community appearances. The person must accept that they are a representative of the Portland Sea Dogs and should demonstrate a professional and enthusiastic demeanor while assisting Slugger. This is a paid, part-time position and will give candidates valuable experience in the professional sports industry. Individuals applying for this position must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all Sea Dogs home games.
Job Function will include but is not limited to:
· Assist mascot in gameday promotions, skits, appearances, and community events.
· Engage with fans and act as Slugger’s liaison at all Sea Dogs home games and community appearances.
· Act professionally as a representative of the Portland Sea Dogs at all events.
· Work well in a team environment.
· Assist in the creative process and help with skit props and filming.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Creative and able to keep up with a fast-paced work environment
· Enthusiastic, energetic, reliable, punctual, and outgoing
· Great interpersonal and customer service skills
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Flexibility to work long hours including: holidays, evenings, and weekends
· Have a thorough knowledge of the Portland Sea Dogs and baseball
· Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office