Develop a merchandise buying plan to meet the sales and inventory goals of the General Manager.
· Purchase all clothing, caps and novelty items for the store and web site. Meet with vendors to create and approve all artwork as required.
· Provide sales and inventory reports to management.
· Hire, train and supervise a store staff of employees and a merchandise assistant.
· Develop and implement all store sales during the season.
· Re-stock store on game days including all ticketing and pricing. Set up all portable retail units on game days.
· Track and maintain inventory levels during the season and do an end of season final inventory.
· Maintain and change the store web site. This includes using Photoshop to add items to the website. Process and handle all internet orders.
· Work on expanding the number of little league, travel and legion teams wearing the team uniform and logo.
· Coordinate the distribution of team uniforms to players and work with the clubhouse manager throughout the season. Order all clothing supply items as required by the clubhouse manager. Maintain inventory on jerseys, pants and on-field caps throughout the season.
Required: Bachelor’s degree; Excellent communications skills; Strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative;
Candidates should be HIGHLY MOTIVATED and TEAM ORIENTED; Ability to work long hours, including weekends, as business indicates; Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives.
Preferred: 1-2 years as a store manager.