The Harrisburg Senators Baseball Club, Class Double-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, are seeking an energetic and responsible individual for the position of Business Operations Intern. The ideal candidate will be energetic, innovative & ready to tackle anything thrown their way. In this role, the successful candidate will develop valuable sales experience and a well-rounded skill set to assist our team. This is a paid seasonal position with a start date in January, 2020 and a TBD end date in September, 2020.
$1,200.00 per month
Completing or have completed a four –year college degree in Sports Marketing, Sports Management, Communications, or other related field. Candidate acknowledges that this internship is a nine month commitment and has the ability and desire to commit to that time frame. Ability to maintain flexible hours, including but not limited to: normal business hours, nights and weekends. Must provide own transportation and housing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the Community Relations department with donation requests, mascot appearances & Mayfly Gang kids club oversight
- Assist the sales department in generating new business
- Developing new and innovative community outreach initiatives
- Assisting the Senators sales department in customer service of their clients
- Assisting the Senators ticket operations department in season long data and A/R projects
- Assisting the marketing department in various marketing efforts
- A variety of game operations responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated and hardworking
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Ability to work well independently and stay on task
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
- Charismatic, Team Player - must work well in team setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.