We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Design & Creative Services Manager
JOB REPORTS TO: Nick Elder, Creative Services & Production Director
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE: The Flying Squirrels are seeking a full-time Graphic Design and Creative Manager with a passion for creating innovative designs and elevating the gameday experience for all Flying Squirrels Fans.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in visual communications, graphic design, motion graphics, or video production.
- The ideal candidate must have experience and strong knowledge of static & motion graphics software in the Adobe Creative Cloud with a strong focus on Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects, and InDesign.
- Any additional experience with motion or 3D design is a plus.
- A background in Minor League Baseball or the sports entertainment industry is preferred.
YOU MUST SUBMIT EXAMPLES OF WORK, A PORTFOLIO, OR DEMO REEL TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
Graphic Design (primary function)
- Overseeing the copy, editing, assembly, production, and printing of the Nutshell gameday program
- Design posters, flyers, and other marketing collateral to help promote and sell upcoming events and ticketing packages
- Working with Corporate Sales and various sponsors to create signage and other contract fulfillment materials
- Creating gameday video board graphics for both general in-game production and in-between inning promotions.
- Create social media graphics and templates
Video and Production (secondary function)
- Plan, shoot, and edit video content, including b-roll and items for social media
- Assist with shooting and editing player headshots
- Edit, manipulate, and version out After Effects and Premiere Pro files
- Assist and maintain/clean office IT and production equipment
GAMEDAY RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Assist with pre-game production set up and post-game production tear down
- Capturing fan experience b-roll, taking gameday photos, and designing any needed video board elements
- Working with our FanCompass fan experience marketing platform
- Help run and maintain various production equipment on gameday as needed. Included but not limited to:
- Motion Rocket Video Computer
- Camera Switcher
- MiLB.TV computer and encoder
- JVC Camera equipment
- Audio Comms
- Camera accessories (tripods, batteries, and other cords and cables)
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to tarp field and conduct any other manual labor tasks
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED, INCLUDING PULLING TARP. MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 50 LBS.