We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JOB TITLE: Creative Services and Production Assistant
JOB REPORTS TO: Nick Elder, Creative Services and Production Manager
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE: The Flying Squirrels are seeking a seasonal Creative Services and Production Assistant with a passion for creating innovative designs and elevating the gameday experience.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION: Candidates should be pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, or Video Production.
The ideal candidate must have experience and strong knowledge of static & motion graphics software in the Adobe Creative Cloud with a strong focus on Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects, and InDesign. Any additional experience with motion or 3D design is a plus. A background in Minor League Baseball or the Sports Industry is preferred.
YOU MUST SUBMIT EXAMPLES OF WORK, A PORTFOLIO, OR DEMO REEL TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Graphic Design – (includes, but not limited to)
- Design posters, flyers, and other marketing collateral to help promote and sell upcoming events and ticketing packages
- Working with Corporate Sales and various sponsors
- Creating gameday video board graphics for both general in-game production and in-between inning promotions.
- Create social media graphics and templates
Video and Production – (includes, but not limited to)
- Plan, shoot, and edit video content, including b-roll and items for social media.
- Assist with shooting and editing player headshots
- Edit, manipulate, and version out After Effects and Premiere Pro files
- Assist and maintain/clean office IT and production equipment
- Assist with pre-game production set up and post-game production tear down
- Help run and maintain various production equipment on gameday as needed. Included but not limited to…
- Motion Rocket Video Computer
- Camera Switcher
- MiLB.tv Computer and encoder
- JVC Camera equipment
- Audio Comms
- Camera accessories (tripods, batteries, and other cords and cables)
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team-player
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to tarp field and conduct any other manual labor tasks
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
JOB RUNS FROM MARCH 9TH THRU SEPTEMBER 18TH