The Bowie Baysox Baseball Club (Class AA Eastern League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles) is seeking candidates for a full-time Group and Ticket Sales Account Executive to join our sales team. The Baysox take pride in being one of the DMV's best entertainment options and also extremely proud of our community initiatives and partnerships. The Baysox are seeking candidates with a passion for selling who can start during the beginning of March, 2021 and who have prior sports sales experience. The Baysox are also seeking candidates who are self-motivated, highly organized, who can help build on our ticket and group sales initiatives and constantly create memories for our partners and fans.
- Develop and implement group and ticket packages that focus on attracting new business.
- Responsible for selling full menu of ticket products including season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality options.
- Generating prospects through cold calling, networking, and face-to-face appointments.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new group accounts.
- Continually grow revenue in your assigned group category. Maximize renewals and incremental opportunities.
- Work closely with the Director of Ticket Operations on ensuring that all ticket sales are executed and fulfilled to the best of our ability for our clients.
- Work closely with all departments including Marketing and Sponsorship to develop new strategic initiatives.
- Work to constantly develop new pipeline of ticket opportunities. Organize all sales leads through SCORE CRM and TicketReturn. Remain active all year long with a constant funnel of ticket and group sales possibilities.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Ticket Sales department and the box office as needed.
- Acts as a leader and mentor to game-event staff and seasonal interns that work for the Baysox, creating a culture where people perform and enjoy coming to work.
- Constantly develop new business opportunities and new revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with the entire sales organization and assist with group sales and season ticket efforts in conversations with key decision makers.
- Involvement in game day activities, promotions for the Baysox as well as outside functions including luncheons, networking events, business shows, conventions, etc.
- Report directly to the Director of Ticket Operations on a weekly basis for all ticket sales.
- Help develop and execute Baysox promotional events that lead to opportunities for additional group/ticket sales and corporate partnership opportunities. '
- Assist in community outreach efforts set up by the Marketing Department
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Director of Ticket Operations
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university required with major coursework in a related field
- One to two or more years of sales, or related experience with a professional sports team, stadium or arena.
- Creative, self-starter that is able to work in a team setting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SCORE CRM, TicketReturn or similar platforms is a plus.
- Natural aggressive approach and positive attitude to maximize incremental sales opportunities.
- Passion and a commitment to achieve goal to impact our business.
- Quality presentation skills.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with co-workers, staff and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position requires someone to work long hours at certain periods over the year which includes nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must work well in a fast- paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Willingness to participate in fun, interactive and entertaining skits/promotions/events to entertain fans before/during/after games & events.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a clean driving record and have your own reliable transportation.
Applicants will be contacted by a member of the Baysox staff for further information if it is deemed necessary. Candidates the Baysox wish to interview for the position will be contacted by a member of the Baysox staff and interview date/time will be established. NO separate e-mail or mailed resume submissions please. Also, no phone calls please.
The Bowie Baysox are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.