The Ticket & Group Sales Associate is responsible for generating revenue for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies organization through the sale of group and ticket packages, as well as has the opportunity to assist with corporate sponsorships and premium seating inventory (suites & hospitality). The department is also responsible for managing the relationships with corporate partners, Rumble Club season ticket members and premium seating clients. Ticket & Group Sales Associate will be responsible for assisting the Box Office Manager and Rumble Ponies Sales Department staff in day-to-day operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to: client / partner relations, new business acquisition, inventory management and the planning and execution of special events.
The start date is ASAP. Entails 40+ hours during the work week (Monday-Friday). Associates may also be asked to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed. Attendance is required for all applicable home games and marquee non-gameday events.
- To acquire new business via phone and in-person cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Effectively renew and manage renewal accounts.
- Schedule face-to-face meetings and ballpark tours with current and prospective clients.
- Prepare Sales & Business Development documents for clients. Examples include: sales presentations, new business proposals and contracts, proof of performance and activation plans.
- Join Sales & Business Development staff at select renewal, recap and planning meetings.
- Actively prospect new business and group leads.
- Make 50-75 cold calls per day to new and prospective clients.
- Assist with client hospitality at events.
- Daily computer work, power point documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience in sales.
- Internship and/or part-time experience with other sports teams or athletic departments preferred.
- Exhibit good to excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle various projects at one time while performing at a very high level.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.