SUMMARY: The ideal candidate would be a sports management, business management or marketing major, who is sports-minded and can thrive in fast-paced, detail-oriented, and customer-focused setting. Ideal candidates show passion, energy, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn. Previous work experience or course work in sales, sports management, customer service, marketing, and hospitality is a plus. A willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours on game days is necessary.
- Heavily cold call potential customers to sell Flexbooks (call lists are provided) and perform other ticketing duties as assigned.
- Assist Box Office Manager in the ticket office to ensure customer needs are being met and that the ticket office operation is consistently efficient.
- Perform opening and closing procedures of the ticket office on both game days and non-game days.
- Assisting customers both in person and over the phone for individual ticket sales.
- Work directly with a chosen mentor(s) to learn other jobs within the front office.
- Provide service to will call patrons by printing and/or distributing tickets and selling tickets when needed.
- Courteously greet fans, guests, visitors, and other clients and assist them with their ticket needs. Identify revenue opportunities within customers’ communities through communications, programs, and other activities as needed.
- Assist the Director of Merchandise with inventory and organizing the team store
- Assist with pocket scheduling throughout Blair County and the surrounding area, ticket drops on game days and community appearances throughout the season.
- Work with the Director of Creative Services, Mascot Performer, and Game Day On-Field Host in executing promotions and performances that occur in the ballpark and on-field before, during, and after Curve home games
- Assist the Director of Community Relations and Mascot Performer with staff, player, and mascot appearances as needed throughout the course of the internship on both game days and non-game days
- Assist the sponsorship sales staff with fulfillment of sponsorship elements that occur at the ballpark and at the sponsor’s place of business
- Assist marketing staff members in execution of the team’s internal and external marketing plan along with execution of theme nights and promotions
- Assist customers at the team office’s front desk when needed and assist at the customer service booth during the game as needed
- All other duties as assigned by front office staff members
- All paid interns can expect to work long hours, especially on game days.
- Report times on game days will typically be at 9:00 a.m. and shifts will end once all work is completed following the game.
- Interns will be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on non-game weekdays.
- Must be able to work all Curve home games during the duration of internship, have reliable transportation to the Altoona area, and arrive at work promptly each day.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.